Ipsy is an online beauty subscription where you sample five different products (mascara, eyeshadows, etc.) mailed in a collectible bag. There’s a lovely theme each month and the products you receive are personalized according to your answers in a quiz, which is taken at the beginning of the subscription.
Hello everyone! Happy Thursday ❤
My spring break has come to an end, so I am back at University. I can’t believe there are three months left in the school year! Where has the time gone?! As I mentioned in my last post, I took a mini break from blogging so I could spend time with my family on holiday. I received my lovely Ipsy bag during this break and I’m so excited to share it with you all. The theme this month is “Hello Spring” and the glam bag has a fresh floral print. What’s new this time around though, is the bag comes in three different colors (orange, mint, and blue!). I received the lovely orange with mint glam bag, which you can see below, and various beauty products.
The products I received March 2016:
- LIP LACQUER Lip Gloss (Socialite) by ModelCo – I normally reach for matte lip products (in natural shades) on a regular basis. Lip glosses and I just don’t get along very well. But when I received this lippy, which promised to be “non-sticky and long-lasting,” I kept an open mind. Sadly, the lip gloss didn’t wear very well throughout the day and I found it pretty sticky. The gloss smells like a fruity candy though and the color is pretty (more orange than red).
- Rose Gold Short Shader (Brush 223) by Luxie Beauty – I absolutely love brushes (especially when they’re durable and have soft bristles)! This brush by Luxie has high quality bristles that applies eyeshadow like a dream and is fully vegan. The pink and rose gold brush is cruelty-free and extremely practical.
- Step 1 Skin Equalizer (Hydrating Primer) by MAKE UP FOR EVER – The Make Up For Ever primer I received is ideal for normal skin and works to balance the skin’s texture. This is probably the product I was excited to try the most and I wasn’t disappointed. The formula is lightweight, kept my face hydrated, and made my make-up last longer.
- Bake Bronzer (Heat Wave) by Be A Bombshell Cosmetics – I like the idea of a baked bronzer with a more natural tone for the spring time, which is what this product was meant for. Unfortunately, the bronzer doesn’t have a great color-payoff and I personally think its better used as highlighter.
- Nourishing Argan Oil of Morocco by Marc Anthony – This product is used when blow drying your hair and works to keep hair straight (and eliminate frizz!) for up to three days. I hardly ever blow dry my hair so I don’t see myself using this product often. It has a pleasant smell though and leaves your hair very soft.
View last months Ipsy glam bag here!