Ipsy is an online beauty subscription where you sample five different products (e.g. mascara, eyeshadows, etc.) mailed in a collectible bag. There’s a lovely theme each month and products you receive are personalized according to your answers in a quiz, which is taken at the beginning of the subscription.
Hello everyone! Happy Tuesday ❤
For the month of December, Ipsy encourages you to go out and make the most of the night with the theme “Carpe P.M.” Smokey eye looks, bold liner, and glitter everywhere are all part of seizing the night, so this month’s chic glam bag includes products meant for the occasion. From jewel-toned eyeshadows to post-adventuring skincare, Ipsy has a wide selection of beauty necessities for (a night out!) this time of the year.
The products I received December 2016:
- Be Matte Blush (in Melon, Blackberry, and Guava) by City Color Cosmetics – I appreciate how this cheek palette is cruelty-free and has three different shades to choose from. Each blush swatched well and felt soft. Blackberry, the middle shade, is a bit out of my comfort zone; however, I’ll try mixing it with the other shade(s) and experiment.
- Aqua Gel Masque by Privai – This masque, which is cruelty-free and paraben-free, was formulated to reduce redness and quench dry skin. Since the weather has been colder here, I feel that this will come in handy. It can be used up to three times a week and plan to try it soon.
- Deluxe Maracuja Oil by Tarte Cosmetics – The oil is quite the multitasker… It can be used to nourish skin, tame hair, and as cuticle care. The bottle may seem small, but a little product may go a long way. I like the design of the bottle, especially since comes with a built-in dropper!
- Prismatic Shadow (in Jaded) by NYX Professional Makeup – I don’t think I have a shadow like this in my collection. This new addition is great since the eyeshadow’s formula is soft and has silver toned reflects. I worry that with oily eyelids it won’t hold up during a night out though (more info to come).
- Beauty Blending Sponge by MintPear – I was most excited for this beauty blending sponge because it is a product I have never received in a beauty subscription service; it was something different and unexpected. The creators claim the sponge won’t soak up product while creating a flawless complexion. I’ll have to put it to the test and compare it with other sponges on the market.
P.S. I post every week (well, I try too! lol).