Ipsy is an online beauty subscription where you sample five different products (e.g. mascara, eyeshadows, etc.) mailed in a collectible bag. There’s a lovely theme each month and products you receive are personalized according to your answers in a quiz, which is taken at the beginning of the subscription.
Hello everyone! Happy Tuesday ❤
I have been subscribed to Ipsy for over a year now and continue to receive tons of beauty products I enjoy. This month’s theme is “metropolis,” and it evokes your inner “city babe” style. The colors of the collective bag seems to be designed to reflect the skyscrapers of the city life. This bag also has a series of circular cut outs, or mesh fabric, and contains what are perceived as an urban dwellers belongings.
The products I received January 2016:
- Beaute Basics C405 Contour Blush Brush by Crown Brush – Draping, a technique similar to contouring, is when you sculpt your cheek bones with different hues of blusher. The C405 brush may come in handy for this because the shape of the bristles align well with key areas of the face. I’m impressed by the quality of this brush in my bag this month. (I will be trying it out soon and updating here.)
- Rosarco™ Blow Dry Perfection Heat Protectant Crème by Briogeo – I received a handful of different sample-sized products of this brand before and LOVE what they do for my hair. I’m especially excited for this heat protectant since I will be experimenting with different hairstyles in the near future.
- Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35 (in Light Medium) by Smashbox Cosmetics – My eye has been on the Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Hydrating Foundation by Smashbox, but this BB Cream seems more practical for everyday wear. The shade range is not the best and can be troublesome for oily skin. It does have SPF, which is a plus in my book, with (very!) minimal coverage.
- Hand Moisturizer by -417 – This brand is unknown territory for me, and the packaging was not very appealing. I do tend to have drier hands in the winter time, so I place hand lotions all around the house and make sure to always have one with me when I go out. This hand lotion is proficient at the moment and serves its purpose.
- Bye Bye Under Eye Illumination™ Anti-Aging Concealer (in Neutral Medium) by IT Cosmetics – A lot of people seem to like this concealer and that makes me question if I have been using it wrong somehow. I prefer the coverage and consitency of the Bye Bye Under Eye Waterproof Concealer more than this one. The shade also liked very white for a neutral medium. (I’ll be trying out different application methods and updating here.)
P.S. I post every week (well, I try too! lol).
What other subscription services should I try?