Hello everyone! Happy Monday ❤
Sometime ago, I purchased the original beautybender® because I wanted to try out if it really does what is promises, which is to provide flawless makeup application. The original beautybender® is a pink egg-shaped sponge that can be used (wet or dry) to apply primer, foundation, and powder. Personally, I thought $20 for a little sponge was on the pricer side, especially since I’ve never used one before and didn’t know of its capabilities.
I scoured the internet though, looking for the best possible deal to get my moneys worth, and found a nice deal from Birchbox. What is Birchbox? Birchbox is a subscription service that delivers customized beauty and grooming samples (for both women and men!) monthly. Interested? More information and how to join Birchbox can be found here. They also have a shop where you can purchase things like makeup and skincare without having to be subscribed to their monthly beauty/grooming service. This is where I found Birchbox: The Complexion Perfection Sampler (the nice Birchbox deal), which includes the original beautyblender® plus four other goodies for $20.
The Complexion Perfection Sampler gives you a step-by-step regimen for putting your best face forward: from the beautyblender® to a bio-brightening powder, you’ll be giving good face all year ’round. -Birchbox
The products in the Complexion Perfection Sampler include:
- beauty blender® original – This beauty product has become my favorite makeup applicator because of its beautiful seamless finish. It’s the perfect size and pretty easy to use. The sponge does tend to absorb a bit of the product though, so cleaning it properly after every use is crucial.
- The POREfessional Face Primer by Benefit Cosmetics – The primer is slightly tan in color, oil-free, and truly helps with reducing the appearance of pores. A little goes a long way with this product, which is why the sample size has lasted me quite a while. This is definitely one of the best primers I’ve ever tried, so I’ll be purchasing the full-size product once I finish the sample size.
- Lighting Crew Highlighting Cream by The Beauty Crop – I actually never heard of this brand before, let alone their signature highlighting cream, but discovered their products are available online at Urban Outfitters. The highlighting cream is more on the bronzy shimmery side but still provides a long-lasting luminous glow. It has a subtle pineapple-y fragrance but it goes away after application.
- Bio Brightener Invisible Powder by W3ll People – The powder is translucent and provides a subtle natural glow to the complexion. They say its best to apply with a kabuki or powder brush for a luminous glow and I noticed less is more when using this product in my case.
- BB Cream Golden Glow by Marcelle – I tend to prefer matte over dewy looks for my self, but this product has changed this. The formula leaves my skin smooth and naturally dewy, evening my skin tone and not emphasizing my pores. It’s a BB cream infused with goodness and a perfect fit for my sensitive skin.
What looks have you created with a beauty blender? Share a link to them below!